Jonathan M. Zagha
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- Brandeis University, B.A. (2002)
- New York (2006)
- New Jersey (2005)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (2005)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (2015)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (2015)
- Selected as “Rising Star” by the Super Lawyers rating service for New Jersey (2011-2012) and New York (2014-2015)
- First-party property insurance coverage and recovery cases
- Complex commercial litigation
Jonathan Zagha, counsel to the firm, specializes in commercial property coverage disputes and has handled a wide array of complex commercial litigation throughout his career. Since graduating from law school in 2005, Jonathan has handled all aspects of commercial litigation for large corporate and governmental clients. Over the past five years, the bulk of his practice has focused on representing multinational first-party property insurers and reinsurers in both the coverage analysis and litigation contexts. Jonathan’s practice includes providing sound advice to clients on a broad range of insurance coverage issues, such as application of various policy exclusions, Extra Expense coverage, coverage for “Delay in Opening” losses, business interruption claims, and builder’s risk insurance. He also has experience litigating more unique issues that arise in the insurance field, such as claims involving material misrepresentation, fraud, and products liability. Jonathan’s experience also includes investigation and prosecution of subrogation claims on behalf of first-party insurers. He has also represented clients in various arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS. In recognition of his accomplishments, Jonathan has been selected as a “Rising Star” by the Super Lawyers rating service for New Jersey (2011-2012) and New York (2014-2015).
Jonathan is currently licensed by the state bars of the New Jersey and New York, and by the federal jurisdictions of the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York and District of New Jersey. Jonathan is a 2005 graduate of Fordham Law School, where he was a member of the Urban Law Journal and Criminal Defense Clinic. He completed his undergraduate studies at Brandeis University (2002) with a major in Economics and minor in International Business.